EIA Employee Benefits Program response to COVID-19 has been swift, comprehensive, yet continues to evolve. If you are a Member of the EIAHealth and Employee Benefits programs, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Disability, and EAP, we ask that you please pay close attention to the communications coming directly from your Alliant Service teams—Especially if you are a member of the EIAHealth Program. Staff and Alliant continue to work to communicate best practices around compliance, cost sharing and access to care.
In response to COVID-19, below is a summary of pertinent items of which you should be aware.
EIAHealth Program Update
- Anthem and Blue Shield will be offering their telehealth services related to medical (not behavioral health) at no cost share (copays).
- Kaiser is increasing access to video and telephonic visits.
- Carrum Health Surgical Benefit has postponed all surgeries until May 1, 2020.
- Express Scripts has implemented the “Refill too Soon” policy that will allow earlier refills when necessary and appropriate.
- Health Program Third Party Administrators are on alert and have established remote work guidelines. We do not anticipate any eligibility data transfer issues at this time.
Ancillary Program Update
- Short Term Disability coverage income insurance may be available to qualified coronavirus situations underneath the Voya contract. Each circumstance is unique, however Voya encourages insured persons to file claims should they feel they are eligible for a covered benefit. Please refer to your certificate of coverage for additional information or contact Voya direct 1-800-955-7736.
Alliant Employee Benefits service teams are available and many of you already have direct contact with those service teams. Please know that EIA Employee Benefits staff is also here as a resource for the Employee Benefits Programs. If you have further questions or are not receiving communications, please reach out to Sidney DiDomenico by calling 916-850-7300. We will do our best to get you the information you need and point you in the right direction.