EIA has partnered with TargetSolutions to provide members with an interactive online driving program. This cutting-edge program consists of a competency-based assessment and 12 skill-building courses, offered to EIA members at no additional cost.
The online assessment tests a driver's ability to identify road hazards from the safety of a controlled learning environment where they are tested on key driving competencies and scenarios including simulated crashes, driving in snow or rain, night time driving and much more.
After completing the assessment, the learner is assigned an individualized year-long training plan consisting of 12 highly engaging 3-D micro courses. Learners will automatically be assigned one course per month, with the courses most pertinent to the individual learner being assigned earliest in the program.
The competencies covered in the year-long program are as follows:
- Hazard Perception - Hidden Hazards
- Backing Up Safely
- Preventing Sideswipe Collisions
- Preventing Intersection Collisions - Cross Traffic
- Sharing the Road with Pedestrians and Cyclists
- Preventing Loss of Control Crashes
- Preventing Intersection Collisions - Rear-ends
- Dangers of Distracted Driving
- Preventing Intersection Collisions - Turning
- Environmental Driving Hazards
- Speed and Space Management
- Work Zone Driving Hazards
For additional information please reach out to Amy Cline with TargetSolutions.