The Coronavirus Crisis: FAQs for Public Entity Healthcare Providers, Programs, Clinics & Hospitals
Presented by: Linda Garrett, JD, Garrett Consulting
Topics will include:
- HIPAA: privacy rules and exceptions applicable to records of exposed and/or infected patients;
- EMTALA: managing an influx of exposed/infected patients coming to the emergency room;
- Telemedicine: using technology to provide continuing care, consultations, individual and group behavioral health counseling; security issues to consider; charting consent/informed consent; and, reimbursement and billing;
- Conditions of Participation: patient safety, infection control, patients’ rights and limiting visitation;
- Staffing issues: privacy regarding co-workers’ absence from work; requests for PPE; and infection control.
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.