On May 17, 2017, a jury awarded $3 million to a Caltrans employee who claimed he was denied accommodations for his documented allergies to perfume and cleaning products, then harassed and subjected to retaliation when he complained. This case is the most recent in an emerging trend of accommodation requests to avoid workplace exposures to a wide variety of fragrances, scents, chemicals or products. This webinar will focus on the most up to date requirements for conducting an interactive process, evaluating requested accommodations, balancing the concerns of co-workers with fragrance free policies and other unique issues.
1. How the broad definition of disability in California applies to the variety of allergies, chronic respiratory conditions that are triggered by exposures to common products and scents found in every workplace;
2. Why these requests for accommodation must be taken seriously;
3. Critical requirements to conduct a timely, good faith interactive process;
3. How to prevent retaliation by supervisors and co-workers;
4. How to address a range of potential effective and reasonable accommodations.
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.
EIA TV - Employment Practices