Risk Management 101 - Course #3: Property & Liability Claims, Safety & Loss Control
CPS HR Training Center
2450 Del Paso Road
Sacramento, CA 95834
The EIA has partnered with CJPIA and CPS HR to offer five(5), one-day in person training courses, which provide the building blocks to establish, develop and embed risk management as a business process in your public sector organization. Click for the description of all 5 courses.
Course #3: Property & Liability Claims, Safety & Loss Control
All public entities will suffer a loss eventually. Insurance will pay for losses, but it does not prevent them. This workshop will help public entity practitioners plan for and mitigate losses to their organizations. Participants will learn how to identify and evaluate their agency’s particular loss exposures, while putting into place sound loss control measures. In addition, this workshop will increase participants’ effectiveness in managing first party property and third party liability claims. This includes gaining an understanding of the California Tort Claims Act and how to navigate the gap between the purpose of the law and its practical application.
- Demonstrate an understanding of First Party vs. Third Party Claims
- Increase their basic understanding of Torts (Intentional Acts, Negligence and Strict Liability)
- Become familiar with the California’s Government Claims Act and its implications for Risk Management
- Increase their awareness of current trends and management of newly evolving risks, including cyber liability
- Become more familiar with the roles of third Party Administrators and Insurance Claims Adjusters
- Demonstrate an understanding of relevant Claims Investigation activities
- Increase their familiarity with The Civil Litigation Process
- Gain strategies for interacting with Defense Counsel (In-House and Outside)
- Improve their understanding of litigation management (defense counsel and claims examiners)
- Assess the role and impact of politics and reputational risk in public entities
- Become familiar with relevant record keeping, reporting, and regular notice requirements
- Gain strategies for navigating closed sessions with elected boards
- Settlement Authority in Public Entities
- Safety Training, Compliance, and CalOSHA
- Public Access to Property
- Fleet Management
- Safety Technology
- Class seating is limited - sign up early!
- Registration Fee: $199
- Registration/cancellation is available through 10/8/18
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Maria Williams for more details.