De-Escalation & Interpersonal Communication (20809)
King's County Government Center
Administration Building - Multipurpose Room
1400 W. Lacey Boulevard
Hanford, CA 93230
- Complimentary enrollment is open to law enforcement affiliated personnel
- Must provide POST ID upon registration
- Course qualifies for POST continuing education credit under Perishable Skills: Communications – Interpersonal
POST CERTIFIED, 4 HOURS
EACH SESSION WILL GO FROM 8 AM - 2 PM
(Lunch will be provided)
Attendees of this course will learn to generate voluntary compliance through the art of persuasion and utilizing the tools of interpersonal communication.
- Define de-escalation relating to law enforcement
- De-escalate verbally, not physically
- Effectiveness under stress conditions
- Discuss situations appropriate for de-escalation tactics
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication skills/techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge to effectively deal with difficult people
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.