September 11, 2019
Property Program Grant is Back!
Property Program Members: how does $25k sound for risk control programs? The Property Program Grant includes up to $25k per program member, per year on a matching basis. Use these funds to reduce exposures associated with the Property Program. How about protecting vacant buildings with these matching funds? Other ways to use the funds are hazard inspections, other risk identification evaluations on specific locations, or implementation of security measures such as alarm system installation.
Submit applications to the EIA’s Risk Control Department by October 18 to be considered at the following Property Committee Meeting. Check out the FAQ’s and don’t hesitate to contact us.
POST Course Locations
The first eight locations for the EIA’s POST Certified course De-Escalation& Interpersonal Communication are set. Attendees with learn how to generate voluntary compliance through interpersonal communication tools and the art of persuasion. Share the dates and locations with your Law Enforcement colleagues! Registration is available now on the EIA website (for law enforcement affiliated personnel only, POST ID required). Questions? Contact EIA Risk Control.
Public Entity Board of Directors Elected
Please congratulate the new Public Entity Board of Directors Representatives (beginning October 1)!
- Susan Adams, CRSIG: Schools, 2-year term
- Janice Galleher, City of Chula Vista: At-Large, 2-year term
- Andrew Lathrop, City of Oakland: At-Large, 2-year term
- Mark Howard, City of Santa Barbara: At-Large, remainder of 2 year term (through Sept. 30, 2020)
- Barbara Esquivel, Municipal Pooling Authority: Alternate, 1-year term
- Scott Mann, City of Sunnyvale: Alternate, 1-year term
- C. Paul Frydendal, SDRMA: Alternate, 1-year term
The following members have continuing terms (through Sept. 30, 2020) as Public Entity Board of Directors Representatives:
- Greg Borboa, City of Santa Clara: City
- Scott Schimke, GSRMA: Special District
- Kimberly Greer, City of Richmond: At-Large
Reminder: Renewal Applications
EWC and GL1 Renewal Applications are due on Friday, October 4, 2019. GL2 Renewal Applications are due on November 1, 2019. Please reach out to the Underwriting Team if you need assistance completing the application.