LEGISLATIVE UPDATE 2019 - HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS AND THEIR PATIENTS
Join Linda Garrett as she provides a brief review of new California legislation that will directly impact public entity healthcare providers and/or their patients. These are laws that all healthcare providers, risk managers, compliance officers, quality assurance professionals and program administrators should be familiar with.
During our webinar we will discuss the following:
- current status of the End of Life Option Act, including new legislation clarifying protections for those healthcare professionals who counsel patients with terminal conditions
- new laws impacting licensing and training for various healthcare professionals
- the opioid crisis and additional changes to California's drug prescribing laws
- new rules that California hospitals must now follow, including offering vegan options to patients, and more comprehensive discharge planning for homeless patients
- the new minor consent law that allows minors to consent to care for injuries related to intimate partner violence
- changes to involuntary mental health care laws that clarify the 5150 process, as well as a new pilot program to expand conservatorships
- the California Consumer Privacy Act and how it may or may not impact the handling of health information
- plus, much more!
We hope you will be able to join us!
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.