Detecting and Deterring Child Molesters in the Applicant Screening Process

Type

EIA TV

Overview

Presented by:  Diane Cranley, Founder and President of TAALK (Talk About Abuse to Liberate Kids)

After an allegation of molestation by a school employee, the public response typically includes a statement that the district completed a background check before hiring the employee. Though background checks are required by law, are they enough? Experts estimate that background checks detect only 3% of sexual predators. What about the other 97%?  This session will introduce you to best practices for detecting and deterring child molesters during the applicant screening process so you feel confident you’ve done all you can to protect the children in your care from potential sexual abusers.

Course objectives include:

  1. Gain an understanding of how child molesters think and behave over a lifetime
  2. Become familiar with red flags to look for during the screening process
  3. Learn how to deter child molesters from wanting to work for you

Who should attend?  School Administrators, Teachers, or anyone involved in the hiring process for positions where children will be involved.


Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.

Phone: 916-850-7300
Email: dmcgill@csac-eia.org

Friday, October 27, 2017
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM

Webinar Location:
EIA TV - Employment Practices