Coping with Cancer in the Workplace
Join Patricia Eyres, Managing Partner of Eyres Law Group as she explains many of the aspects of dealing with Cancer in the Workplace. She will discuss the different types of leave available as well as Reasonable Accomodations and so much more.
Coping with Cancer in the Workplace: Reasonable Accommodations and Leaves for Employee Treatment, Recovery and Caregiver Responsibilities
This webinar will help districts to appropriately handle communications, accommodations, leaves, confidentiality, attendance and performance concerns.
- Basics of FEHA requirements for continuous interactive process, identifying & adjusting accommodations;
- Recognizing the intersection of FEHA, FMLA-CFRA during treatment & recovery; intermittent leave;
- Coordinating paid leave under applicable MOUs, Ed. Code, and third-party wage replacement;
- Coping with side effects of ongoing treatments when employees are at work;
- How to address environmental concerns for employees to limit potential for exposures and infections due to suppressed immunities from chemotherapy;
- Reasonable accommodation strategies for employees receiving treatment who experience temporary cognitive and memory limitations;
- Addressing attendance and performance issues for employees with cancer or who are providing caregiver services for a family member;
- Handling emotional reactions and attitudes in dealing with cancer diagnoses by employee and peers;
- Dealing with accommodations for depressive disorders that arise after an employee returns to work,
- Addressing extended leave for an employee’s depressive disorder after a bereavement leave is exhausted for a close family member;
- Balancing confidentiality and privacy concerns with other workers’ sincere concern for their colleagues – what you can and cannot share.
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.