Risk Management 101 - Course #2: Insurance Administration, Review and Risk Transfer
County of Merced
3368 N State Hwy 59, Suite A
Child Support Department
Merced, CA 95348
The EIA has partnered with CJPIA and CPS HR to offer five(5), one-day in person training courses, which provide the building blocks to establish, develop and embed risk management as a business process in your public sector organization. Click for the description of all 5 courses.
Course #2: Insurance Administration, Review and Risk Transfer
This workshop will help public entity practitioners learn about the complex, and sometimes confusing, world of insurance to protect their organization and manage risk. The workshop will also help participants successfully administer their organization’s insurance and self-insurance programs.
- Increase their knowledge of primary insurance, excess insurance, and risk-pooling Joint Powers Authorities (JPAs)
- Gain strategies for building more effective relationships with insurance brokers
- Identify and explore risk transfer options (insurance, self-insurance, and pooling)
- Increase their understanding of deductibles, self-insured retentions and letters of credit
- Demonstrate an understanding of the contractual transfer of risk process
- Use loss runs and actuarial studies to make more informed decisions
- Identify contractual language that could either lessen or increase risk
- Use data to select appropriate ancillary services, loss control, and safety training
- Identify key steps and decisions in the program placement and annual renewals process
- Use Certificates of Insurance as a critical means of ensuring risk transfer and complying with contract terms
- Become familiar with the importance of procurement and individual agency insurance requirements (verifying, reducing or waiving)
- Class seating is limited - sign up early!
- Registration Fee: $199
- Registration/cancellation is available through 06/05/19
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Member Services for more details.