Risk Management 101 - Course #1: Overview of Public Sector Exposures & Risk Management
CPS HR Training Center
2450 Del Paso Road
Sacramento, CA 95834
The EIA has partnered with CJPIA and CPS HR to offer five(5), one-day in person training courses, which provide the building blocks to establish, develop and embed risk management as a business process in your public sector organization. Click for the description of all 5 courses.
Course #1: Overview of Public Sector Exposures & Risk Management
This workshop is designed to help public entity practitioners manage their organization’s risk and exposure by ensuring a basic knowledge of the relevant laws, foundations, and applications of Risk Management as a profession. Participants will also gain key concepts and tools related to the unique loss exposures faced by public entities.
- Increase their knowledge of the fundamental purpose and history of Risk Management (both traditional and Enterprise) in the public sector
- Identify unique loss exposures faced by public entities
- Gain insight into the frequency and severity of losses that can occur due to ineffective Risk Management
- Become familiar with basic laws and regulations that impact the Risk Management profession, such as Public Records Act Requests, the Brown Act, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Be able to assess the pros and cons of different methods of practicing Risk Management within a public entity
- Demonstrate technical and behavioral competencies needed to manage risk in organizations
- Gain tools to conduct effective root cause analyses when evaluating risk
- Be able to interpret and review Certificates of Insurance
- Class seating is limited - sign up early!
- Registration Fee: $199
- Registration/cancellation is available through 1/10/19
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Maria Williams for more details.