Annual Legal and Policy Update: 2018 in Retrospective and 2019 Prospective Trends
Don’t miss our popular annual review of what’s new and what we can expect on workplace regulation and litigation in public sector workplaces. We will focus on the most relevant requirements in employment and education law, including how to update policies and enhance procedures. Topics include:
- Top employment and education developments, building on what we cover in the update on new legislation;
- Cases decided by the Supreme Courts (US and California) that will affect your public entity as well as those that are pending at the end of the year.
- Update on impact of Janus vs. AFSCME on labor negotiations, personnel practices, and communications with employees and union officials, including updated communication plans for the anticipated trends in 2019.
- New this year: Critical developments from the federal agencies: Departments of Education, Labor, Justice, Homeland Security.
- Overview and analysis of all the new guidance publications and regulations from federal and state enforcement agencies, including OSHA, EEOC, DFEH and DOL wage and hour division.
- New this year: Complete update on key principles involving workplace safety, including violence prevention, drug and alcohol testing, and more.
- New this year: Update on newest trends with privacy initiatives, including medical privacy and recordkeeping, wellness initiatives, and related programs.
- Process, process and more process requirements under federal and state law with documentation techniques to make your job easier.
- Cyber liabilities: electronic communications, social media, network security and expanded case law from 2018 and anticipated 2019 trends.
- Policy Particulars: New and updated policies you must put in place for 2019.
- Other new developments and trends in labor, employment and education law.
Need More Info or Help?
We hope you can join us, feel free to contact Doug McGill for more details.