Date Posted: 8/18/2020
Salary Range: $3250.00 - $3738.00
Contact: Nicole Tranchina
Website: Open until filled.
The Information Technology Technical Assistant is part of PRISM’s IT Digital Team. The Digital Team’s primary responsibilities include administering and maintaining the PRISM website, new and ongoing development of PRISM’s website and pool management system (enterprise/proprietary), business analysis functions, and evaluation/implementation of select 3rd party software solutions. The team adheres to the Agile with Scrum methodology and framework. All team members are expected to collaborate with resources across the organization to complete work and ensure continual process optimization and innovation.
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the Information Technology Technical Assistant will routinely perform the following types of tasks. The work varies, with 50-60% of the work clerical in nature and 40-50% more technical.
* Perform data entry and cleansing/scrubbing tasks
* Perform tasks related to User management
* Create and distribute routine and ad-hoc reports
* Maintain documentation and/or information on the PRISM website, in Outlook, and various databases
* Perform content updates on PRISM’s website
* Prepare, review, and edit a variety of documents including agendas and minutes to ensure accuracy, completeness and conformance with established standards
* Troubleshoot and report issues, assist with user acceptance testing, and perform special projects
* Maintain a working knowledge of website functionality, computer technology, select 3rd party systems, and standard software (i.e., Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat) and act as a resource for technical information, provide limited technical assistance and support for the website, web conferencing, Microsoft Office applications, etc.
* Provide receptionist relief and other general IT and/or clerical support duties
The ideal candidate will have a High School Diploma or G.E.D. and two years or more of increasingly responsible technical and/or clerical experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job, including but not limited to:
* Exceptional customer service skills
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Write clearly and succinctly and apply strong editing skills
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Perform testing as needed during system upgrades, patches, or new system implementations
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and changing work load
* Ability to create and edit technical documentation; submit user stories, articles for knowledge base, development artifacts, and basic training/instruction manuals, etc.
* Intermediate to advanced computer application skills especially in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
* Experience using task management, project management, or software development/collaboration tools (i.e. Jira)
* Knowledge of and experience with content management systems, customer relationship management systems, databases, or policy administration or underwriting systems
* Understanding of website technology, web standards and accessibility, content marketing, and social media, including search engine optimization and best practices, and experience with Google Analytics is desirable, but not required
* Open to change and flexible/adaptable
* Team player
* Time management
A generous benefit package is provided including Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan with a generous allowance from which coverage may be provided for the employee and their dependents for health, dental, and vision insurances; long-term disability and short-term disability insurance; life insurance; deferred compensation program; 13 paid holidays per year, and sick, vacation and management leaves. As a PERS participant, PRISM employees are exempt from paying into Social Security, except for the Medicare portion of the cost.
Physical requirements of this position typically include: sitting for long periods of time, reaching, grasping, kneeling, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move.
Possession of a valid State of California Driver’s License issued by the State Department of Motor Vehicles, or the ability to obtain one within the first month of employment. Proof of auto insurance with no exclusion for business use is required.