Handling employee terminations is a difficult task, but we have some resources to help you along the way.
Dr. Steve Albrecht was recently quote in an article by CNN that highlights several practices to avoid and those considered a must including:
- Don’t have a uniformed security guard in the room
- Don’t assume you’re immune [from workplace violence]
- Help employees long before they get fired
- Don’t give advance notice, unless you’re having layoffs
- Don’t leave fired employees with nothing
- Stay alert after employees get fired
We also have a webcast on EIAtv entitled, “Handling Employee Terminations: Keeping Dignity, Safety, and Humanity in Mind.”
If you would like additional assistance tap into our Labor Law/Employment Practices Services, a free resource for all your HR questions.
Contact Risk Control for additional information about these resources.