What Does the EIA offer its members?
Most Importantly, Our Competitive Advantage
- Volume Discounts
- Blending of Self-Insurance and Insurance
- Responsiveness to Members’ Needs
- Long-Term Relationships
Available Insurance Coverages
- Workers’ Compensation (Primary & Excess)
- General Liability (Primary & Excess)
- Medical Malpractice
- Employee Benefits
- Miscellaneous Exposures
Ask questions and share information, ideas and policies with your fellow public agency and county members.
Get all the information you need from the EIA’s website! Get instant access to vital information, services we offer, important news & events!
Find program information, subsidy balances, coverage documents and much more in the exclusive Members Area.
The EIA provides Risk Coverage Programs & Risk Management Services that are:
Providing programs which are competitive in scope and price over the long term.
Endeavoring to make available programs which are flexible in meeting member needs.
Delivering quality, timely services in claims management, loss control, education and communications.
Allocating costs and services between various members in a fair and consistent manner.
Ensuring cost-effective, fiscally prudent operations and staffing which maintain financial strength and solvency.
Who is the EIA?
- a member-directed risk sharing pool of counties and other municipalities committed to providing risk coverage programs and risk management services.
- recognized as a leader and pioneer in the JPA risk management community
- the first JPA in the State to receive the Government Finance Officers Association's Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting (FYE 6/30/94 through FYE 6/30/11).
- given CAJPA's highest designation, "Accreditation With Excellence" through 2013 for how a well-run joint powers insurance authority should operate.
- one of an estimated 150 joint powers insurance pools currently operating in California.